Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Welcome to my blog for the series 11 days, 11 hikes, 11 cantons.

I live in Switzerland and I am about to embark on a two week vacation. I have decided to use this time to get to know Switzerland a little bit better.

Why 11, 11, 11? Well, I like themes. For instance, a year or more ago, I started a photography group on flickr called 888. The purpose there was to take 8 photos for 8 weeks of 8 subjects. It was quite successful and still, people post there today.  So, with the 11,11,11, I liked the idea of a theme and I honestly didn't think I would want to do more than 11 days on my break, as I would also like to have some time to just rest.

I am also doing these canton hikes in chronological order from when they were founded. It will end in Solothurn perfectly, since it is the 11th canton. Further, there is a theme of 11, as there are many things that are 11.

For each of the days, I plan on including the following (if I remember):
- Historical information about the canton
- Pictures I have taken on that day
- An overview of what I have found interesting about that day

My intention is to blog hopefully each day as I have hiked it, but I will not make any promises. It really depends on how long the hike is, how far I have had to drive, and how much time I have when I return home that day.

Hope you will follow this mini journey along with me and enjoy the thoughts.

Best
Dave


For your interest, below is a list of the canton information




No comments:

Post a Comment